From Music-China Wiki
The Dancers are a new band filled with familiar faces. Gathering together some of Beijing's rocks biggest names, The Dancers should prove to be a great new sound built on the experience of many. Let's hope the egos don't get in the way.
Wed 7th Apr 2010 @ 20:30 : MAO Livehouse (with the me guan me's, Steely Heart, White Eyes)
On May 1st, they performed at the Strawberry Music Festival 2010. According to Beijing Gig Guide: (...) they were just as good as expected of a Chinese superband. They sounded a little like Carsick Cars — understandably — and even played one of their songs. On July 23rd, they performed at the release party to Subs' record Queen of Fucking Everything at the Mao Livehouse. According to Beijing Noise: They are one of the acts to emerge from the ashes of Joyside (the common denominator being bassist Liu Hao), but their hard rock/punk mix sounds a lot more interesting (and less exploitive) than the music of Joyside. They got the crowd moving with songs like the excellent ‘Frogs Want To Go Home’.  According to Beijing Daze: The guys are just getting started and finding their sweet spots. Their live show is getting tighter with each performance and you just know that they’re good: The way they look at each other during solos, the antics.. they’re a rock n roll band!  On August 28th, they performed at the Hot Cat Club, Beijing, during the Hang on the Box relaunching/reforming event. According to Beijing Daze: They kicked things off with the heavy, high octane punkers then started mellowing down as i headed out. I don’t think that was their finest performance but it might have gotten better afterwards!  According to Pangbianr: They opened with two rippers from Liu Hao’s old hardcore band, 13 Dogs, which was the high point of the set for me. Most of their original material is fairly poppy, which I wasn’t feeling as much.
In March 2011, indie label Dan Records was found by Wang Xiaokun 王啸坤 and signed his befriended The Dancers the same month which resulted in their debut EP. To promote this output The Dancer will go on a extending 10 piece tour through south China.
Booking contacts: 13601379316
Husband - 2011, March
- ↑ Beijing Gig Guide (2010-05-04). "Strawberry Festival Highlights!". Retrieved on 2010-05-04.
- ↑ Beijing Noise (2010-07-30). "Subs, Omnipotent Youth Hotel, The Dancers @ MAO Livehouse (23 July 2010)". Retrieved on 2010-07-31.
- ↑ Beijing Daze (2010-07-27). "Subs Album Launch: I think I saw Rock n Roll in Beijing.. or something like it!". Retrieved on 2010-07-31.
- ↑ Beijing Daze (2010-08-31). "Hang on the Box returns, sort of.. and my first time at Hot Cat Club". Retrieved on 2010-09-02.
- ↑ Josh (Pangbianr) (August 2010). "Rustic, Hang On The Box, and The Dancers @ Hot Cat, 28 August 2010". Retrieved on 2010-09-02.