From Music-China Wiki
|Songs by this artist|
|These songs are taken from Category:Songs and if a video is available, then v is shown after the song title (in parenthesis), if lyrics are available, l is shown and if a download is available, d is shown.|
- "" cannot be used as a page name in this wiki.
- Some use of "<nowiki>[[</nowiki>" in your query was not closed by a matching "]]".
Pinkberry was formed around August/September 2008. Their first live event was a promotional event for Thai Airways.
September 16th 2008, they performed at the Yuyintang supporting Nanjing's Old Doll. According to Andy Best: The singer was cool and she gave an energetic performance. Unfortunately the songs were lost a bit in the bad sound mix, especially the vocals and the other band members don't have the same experience as Tony himself. But, if they stick at it they are going to be a great act on the Shanghai circuit soon. End of November, Xiao You is interviewed along with Jia Die from Torturing Nurse, Vivian from Moongazer and Li Yefeng from Candy Shop by Jake Newby for the SH Magazine. Asked about being a typical girl, Xiao You responded: I’m 100 percent Shanghainese and proud. Some Shanghainese girls have a reputation for being pretty demanding and prissy, but I hate those kind of girls, they all listen to pop music. I’m hoping to change all that. They went to Beijing at that time, winning a place at the national finals of the Yamaha Best Band competition. Thereafter, in November/December 2008, Pinkberry is working on a music video together with Gemnial from Yu Yin Tang and Andy Best. The video for their song Runaway was released on Youtube by Andy Best on December 17th.
January 3rd, Pinberry opened for The Queers at Yuyintang. According to Andy Best: Pinkberry played a good set but the room was only just starting to fill by the time they were finishing. Xiao You was looking tip top and seemed a bit disappointed in the audience who were chilling but appreciative while she gave her usual good performance. I mention this (tip top) as it pertains to later events. (...) (The Queers) did an encore and closed with an absolute stormer ... Joe Queer announced "This one is for Pinkberry" and then launched into She's A Firecracker. Ha. January 16th 2009, they performed during the JUE MUSIC ART Festival 2009 at the Dream Factory. According to Andy Best: singer Xiao You was a standout with her great voice and attention to image.[...] Pinkberry are solid and have good songs, what they need to get up to the next level is to be full-time.
March 4th 2009, they performed at the YuYinTang. According to Andy Best: (They) played a great set. They started off with new tracks Wish and Pinkberry Song and the sound was better than usual. The hooks all came through and the band played a tight set, the result being a good reception from the crowd.
March 7th 2009, Reflector played together with Dragon Pizza and Pinkberry at the Yu Yin Tang. According to Andy Best: They took the stage, ripped into the first track and it was mosh from the get go. Finally band played to a packed, nuts room..
In April the band replaced their bassist and spent the subsequent two months rehearsing with the new line-up and experimenting with a new sound, which resulted in tracks like Live in Live.
On June 5th, they performed at the Indietop show cast event at the Dream Factory in Shanghai. According to Andy Best: Pinkberry were professional, the sound rocked, the songs were all dead on. They had the new bassist (who also plays guitar in Sonnet). Toni rocked the punk rock riffs with his Les Paul and Marshall stack combo. Xiao You strutted around the stage with energy and confidence. Later in June it was revealed, that Pinkberry won the Pepsi Battle of the Bands 2009 competition despite having joined The Mushroom's vocalists' criticism online, which led to the pull-out of most indie and underground bands during the Shanghai battle. Thereby the band received their share of criticism by themselves with harsh voices being raised on douban. Later in June, Pinkberry invited fans and friends for a video shot of their song Pinkberry Song. On August 17th, they performed during the Channel One summer music series 2009 in a shopping mall. At the end of November, Pinkberry releases their MV Pinkberry Shot on Youku.
On March 5th, 2010, they performed during the Big Qiang Diao event in the Yuyitang. According to Andy Best: Pinkberry turned it up a bit and ripped into their pop-punk set. It's pretty much the same set as their first run of shows but with backing from Yang Fu and Lezi from Sonnet. They had good energy and singer Xiao You regained some of her old form in the second half of the set. On March 12th, they performed during the Local King 3 in the MAO Live House Shanghai. According to Andy Best: They were better again tonight and the song 'Live in Live' is becoming their signature song. They sounded good from down front and Xiao You is performing well, although she was sick tonight.
Rock Shanghai 2009 (VA) - 2009, November
InMusic Festival 2010, 2010, July 30th - August 1st in Zhangbei
2010 Yixian Camping Music Festival, 1st - 3rd May 2010
JUE MUSIC ART Festival 2009, January 7 to 17, 2009
Articles & Interviews
- The best unsigned band in Shanghai, by Jake Newby
- Jake Newby calls them the best unsigned band in Shanghai
- Jake Newby (2009), The best unsigned band in Shanghai, published on 8 February 2009
- Jake Newby (2008), Shock of the 女, published on 3 December 2008
Videos & Photos
- ↑ Jake Newy (2009-02-09). "The best unsigned band in Shanghai". Retrieved on 2009-09-12.
- ↑ Andy Best (2008-09-17). "Old Doll live @ Yuyintang". Retrieved on 2009-09-12.
- ↑ Andy Best (2008-11-28). "Babydoll SH Mag interviews continued". Retrieved on 2009-09-12.
- ↑ Jake Newby (SH Magazine) (2008-12-03). "SHOCK OF THE 女". Retrieved on 2009-09-12.
- ↑ "Pinkberry shoot wrapped". Andy Best (Kungfuology.com) (2008-12-08). Retrieved on 2008-12-08.
- ↑ Andy Best (2008-12-17). "Youtube: Pinkberry "Run Away" MV". Retrieved on 2009-09-12.
- ↑ Andy Best (2009-01-04). "Pinkberry and ... The Queers!!! live @ Yuyintang". Retrieved on 2009-09-12.
- ↑ Andy Best (kungfuology.com) (2009-01-17). "Jue Festival one: Pinkberry and Demerit". Retrieved on 2009-0503.
- ↑ Andy Best (2009-03-05). "Sucker live @ Yuyintang". Retrieved on 2009-08-23.
- ↑ Andy Best (Kungfuology.com) (2009-03-08). "Reflector blow the roof off Yuyintang". Retrieved on 2009-05-16.
- ↑ Jake Newby (2009-09-12). "One up for Pinkberry". Retrieved on 2009-09-12.
- ↑ Andy Best (2009-06-06). "Soma Live: Indietop bands @ Dream factory". Retrieved on 2009-06-07.
- ↑ Jake Newby (2009-06-08). "Pinkberry and the Pepsi pullava". Retrieved on 2009-08-23.
- ↑ Less than complimentary comments
- ↑ Andy Best (2009-06-19). "Pinkberry video shoot photos". Retrieved on 2009-09-12.
- ↑ Jake Newby (2009-07-25). "Channel One summer music series". Retrieved on 2009-09-12.
- ↑ Jake Newby (2009-11-29). "Video: Pinkberry's MV". Retrieved on 2009-11-29.
- ↑ Andy Best (2010-03-06). "Big Qiang Diao @ Yuyintang". Retrieved on 2010-03-14.
- ↑ Andy Best (2010-03-13). "Local King 3 "Genohmang" @ Mao Livehouse". Retrieved on 2010-03-14.