Midi Music Festival 2007
From Music-China Wiki
Location: Haidan Park, Beijing, China; 北京海淀公园
Date: May 1st-4th, 2007 plus May 5th
Organizer: Beijing Midi School of Music
Festival Series: Midi Music Festival
In 2007, the festival featured for the first time a dedicated hip hop stage. Lasting from May 1st to May 4th/5th, this years festival was sponsored by Greenpeace. According to some reports, up to 80000 fans visited the festival on the first day.
65 domestic bands and 25 international ones plus another 50 artists from Beijing. In total 6 stages in the HaiDian Park in Beijing.
Main Stage: 40 Bands (28 domestic and 12 foreign) organized by the Midi School another 40 bands (same distribution) organized by the Guitar China Webpage.
Mini Midi Stage: 20 or so electronic artists
Yen Dance Music Stage: 25 DJs, both domestic and international ones
Hip Hop stage:
And the Apres Midi Stage, organized by Jon Campbell of YGTWO(.org), caution: NOT in the HaiDian Park, but in 星光娱, each day starting at 9pm (so after the usual Midi shows). On the last day, 5th, 8 o'clock, the Painkiller Magazine is organizing a metal day!
第二舞台 (the Second Stage ) : 由吉他中国网站协办的第二舞台将有28支中国乐队和12支国外乐队参加演出。
第三舞台 (Mini Midi Stage 电子实验舞台) : 是由“Sub Jam-观音唱片”负责监制的电子音乐家的表演舞台，内容包括：电子实验音乐、先锋音乐家与乐队、音乐装置艺术展示等，是一个由20余名电子音乐家共同演绎的有别于其他舞台音乐形式的非常有意思的表演区。该舞台将在第四天特别推出“民谣日”，届时将有5支民谣乐队及5位民谣个人为观众献上精彩演出。
第四舞台 (Yen Dance Music Stage 舞曲舞台) : 由凹凸文化旗下的“焱”舞曲品牌精心打造。邀请国内外25位DJ高手，带来风格迥异的舞曲风格，在四天中全面展示中国电子舞曲数年来的精神与震动。
第五舞台 (Hip-Hop 舞台) :这是本届音乐节新增加的舞台，国内外众多嘻哈乐队及高手全力打造Groove互动空间。
Impressions of Midi
Check out the Midi 2007 Photos and impressions of previous Midi festivals. Dive into the concerts before and lighten up the spirit of Midi...
Hatesphere - Lies and Deceit @ Star Live during Midi Festival
In total there had been 5 stages at Midi 2007:
- Main Stage Schedule
- Gibson Guitar Stage
- Mini Midi Stage
- Dance Stage
- HIP HOP Stage
and an official aftershow:
- Apres Midi Schedule
Location & Directions
Get to the Midi 2007 Location
Photo sets (Flickr)
- Subs at Midi 2007
- Hatesphere │ Lies and Deceit ( Live in Beijing,China)
- The Cruxshadows "Birthday" Live in Beijing
- Outside jam in Beijing, Midi fest
- Kava Kava live at Midi 2007
- Liquido at Midi 2007
- Andrew Pekler "Steady State"
- ALL info on the festival at rockinchina.com
- Info on how to register for both local and foreign bands
- Midi Festival as Last.fm Event
- RiC at Midi 2007
Discussion around Midi
- China’s Woodstock, Since MIDI moved outdoors in 2002, the Woodstock comparison has been inevitable. Some play it down, others, like Zhang Fan, head of the MIDI Music School, swear by it. Regardless, playing an outdoor stage in front of thronging fans is an experience like none other. MIDI vets share their thoughts. in City Weekend Beijing
- Eight Years of Midi Madness, Almost a decade after the Midi School of Music first put on a little concert for their students, Beijing's now monstrous Midi Music Festival asserts its dominance in 2007 as China's greatest live music round-up. Get schooled on the bands, moments and music that ROCKS BEIJING'S WORLD. In City Weekend Beijing.
- Midi Festival Rocks Beijing, by China.org.cn
- Midi Festival Wraps up in Beijing, by Crienglish.com
- Rock China!!, by Andrea Hunt
- ↑ "Midi Music Festival of China to Open in Beijing". Chinadaily.com.cn (2007-04-28). Retrieved on 2008-10-07.
- ↑ "Midi Music Festival 2007". Kaiser Kuo (Ich Bin Ein Beijinger) (2007-05-06). Retrieved on 2008-10-07.
|Midi Music Festival - 2000 up to today|
|Main Articles:||Midi School | History of the Midi Music Festival|
|Midi Awards:||2010 | 2009|
|Festivals:||2013 (BJ) & 2013 (SH) & 2013 (SZ) | 2012 (SH) & 2012 (BJ) | 2011 (BJ), 2011 (SH) & Ocean 2011 | 2010 (BJ) & 2010 (ZJ) | 2009 | 2008 (Oct) | 2008 (Back To Utopia) | 2008 (May) | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000|
|Beijing:||Beijing Jazz Festival 2007 | Beijing Pop Festival 2007 | Blue Midi 2007 | Midi Music Festival 2007 - Mini Midi 2007 | Modern Sky Festival 2007 | Ninegates Jazz Festival 2007|
|Lijiang:||Lijiang Snow Mountain Music Festival 2007|
|Nanjing:||German Esplanade Nanjing 2007|
|Shanghai:||Dino Beach Rock Festival 2007 | NeoSpring Creative Festival | Yue Festival 2007|